This morning I had the privilege to teach at the Manchester YSA Convention and also attend the accompanying sacrament meeting. As I usually do, I made notes from the testimonies as I sat on the stand. I’d like to share some uplifting bullet points from the 25 or so testimonies, shared by members of the 200+ congregation.
- The change in my life started with reflection.
- God is in the tiny details of my life.
- This weekend I have been reminded of things that really matter.
- Manchester is a city of Love!
- I know there is always someone looking out for me.
- I realise I have recently had more answers to prayers because of my own increase in efforts to be spiritual.
- There is always a reason to have joy in life, because of Jesus Christ.
- Heavenly Father puts people in our life to help us.
- Jesus Christ is with us “perpetually”
- I know these things because the spirit has Bourne witness to me.
- I believe in Jesus Christ, He is my master, my creator.
- Everything I am is because of Him, but He is a leader that lets me think I did it!
- Having the Saviours influence in my life has made me better
- I’m grateful to be here today.
- I’m grateful for an eternal perspective.
- Put the will of Heavenly Father above the will of the Lord
- Tomorrow when asked at work, what I did this weekend, I will say I’ve been with the best 200 people I’ve ever met.
- Really happy to be in this gospel.
- I know God hears us when we pray.
- A few years ago I thought revelation was just a word, but recently I’ve learnt what revelation is by receiving it.
- Surround yourself with greatness, you will become who you associate with.
- The tree that never had to fight for light never grows strong.
- I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Whatever limitations you have, the Lord can take them away.
- Heavenly Father can do things in our life that we can’t yet believe.
- God is a God of miracles.
- Sometimes it’s easy to drive in the wrong lane.
- Nothing we will do, will stop Jesus Christ loving us.
The collective wisdom of these young people makes me realise, the church is in good hands in coming years !
As I was sat, I was reminded of the story Elder Faust related in October 2005 General Conference
“I recently recalled a historic meeting in Jerusalem about 17 years ago. It was regarding the lease for the land on which the Brigham Young University’s Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies was later built. Before this lease could be signed, President Ezra Taft Benson and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, then president of Brigham Young University, agreed with the Israeli government on behalf of the Church and the university not to proselyte in Israel. You might wonder why we agreed not to proselyte. We were required to do so in order to get the building permit to build that magnificent building which stands in the historic city of Jerusalem. To our knowledge the Church and BYU have scrupulously and honorably kept that nonproselyting commitment. After the lease had been signed, one of our friends insightfully remarked, “Oh, we know that you are not going to proselyte, but what are you going to do about the light that is in their eyes?” He was referring to our students who were studying in Israel.”
I believe I saw that same light, in the eyes of these amazing YSA today….